ASCE - Cincinnati State
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASCE - Cincinnati State

C-STATE student chapter. Including ASCE, NAHB, and ACI.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Registering Guide

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Registering Guide Empty Registering Guide Mon May 20, 2013 12:00 pm

Belden Rowley

Belden Rowley
Vice-President

1. Please register with your FIRST and Last name so we know who you are when discussing topics.

Example:
    Username - First Last or First_Last

Or whatever form of your name as long as it contains your first and last name.

2. Then, you will be able to sign in using that username and password.

3. Now to get full access to the different discussion threads you have to register for a "usergroup".

• To do this first select the Usergroups link on the menu. This will display the different usergroups that can be joined on this forum.

• Next you need to select the usergroup you would like to join from the drop down menu and click on "view information" button.

• Then select the "Join Group" button.

• Before you are accepted to a user group a moderator will need to confirm you are a student or a Mentor/Advisor to ASCE Cincinnati State student chapter and accept you to the group.

Once you are accepted into a usergroup you will be able to view all discussions but may not be able to post for 24 - 48 hours. (I am not sure why this is)

Now you are registered and can Post new threads(topics) and Reply to existing threads.
- If you need instructions on how to post please check out the "Posting" Thread for help.

Please contact me with any questions or if you need some help.

https://asce-cstate.board-directory.net

2Registering Guide Empty USERGROUPS Mon May 20, 2013 12:04 pm

Belden Rowley

Belden Rowley
Vice-President

After registering you will be auto-confirmed as a general "member" of the forum and will have immediate access to some parts of the forum. To get additional access select "usergroups" in the above toolbar (above advertisement below forum heading) and request which usergroup you would like to be apart of.

Mostly this will keep random people from gaining access to all of our information for security reasons. So far there are not many different groups but more can be added at anytime.
If you lose your password I can't find it for you I have no access to passwords. I can however reset your password to give you access, then you can change it after logging back in.

Groups

• Student member (This is what group most of you should sign up for)- Has access of all basic features (including creating threads, sending pm's (personal messages), and the calendar.)

• Moderator - Has access of all basic features + Has the ability to 'moderate' the forum. (editing and managing of threads)
    (Please contact me of you would like to be a moderator)

• Professor - Same as moderator, but is a professor or staff member of Cinci State.

• Admin - Is an administrator of the forum which gives full access and control of the entire forum.
    ++this is a closed group++ I'm thinking that the officers and/or professors should approve who can be an admin.

I will need at least 1 or 2 more admins to help keep the forum running. So Contact me if you would like to be an admin and I can get approval from the officers and Carol Mormon.

https://asce-cstate.board-directory.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]